Relevanssi – A Better Search
By default WordPress only searches in Post and Page title and content and does not search in Categories, Tags or other custom Taxonomies or Fields. Relevanssi replaces the standard WordPress search with a better search engine, with lots of features and conﬁgurable options. You’ll get better results, better presentation of results – your users will thank you.
- Search results sorted in the order of relevance, not by date.Fuzzy matching: match partial words, if complete words don’t match.
- Find documents matching either just one search term (OR query) or require all words to appear (AND query). Search for phrases with quotes, for example “search phrase”.
- Create custom excerpts that show where the hit was made, with the search terms highlighted. Highlight search terms in the documents when user clicks through search results.
- Search comments, tags, categories and custom ﬁelds.
- Adjust the weighting for titles, tags and comments.
- Log queries, show most popular queries and recent queries with no hits.
- Restrict searches to categories and tags using a hidden variable or plugin settings.
- Index custom post types and custom taxonomies. Index the contents of shortcodes.
- Google-style “Did you mean?” suggestions based on successful user searches. Support for WPML multi-language plugin and Polylang.
- Support for s2member membership plugin, Members, Groups, Simple Membership and other membership plugins. Advanced ﬁltering to help hacking the search results the way you want.
- Search result throttling to improve performance on large databases. Disable indexing of post content and post titles with a simple ﬁlter hook.
This is the free version of Relevanssi. There’s also Relevanssi Premium, which has added features. For more information about Premium, see Relevanssi.com.
Do note that using Relevanssi may require large amounts (hundreds of megabytes) of database space (for a reasonable estimate, multiply the size of your wp_posts database table by three). If your hosting setup has a limited amount of space for database tables, using Relevanssi may cause problems. In those cases use of Relevanssi cannot be recommended.
When to Use Relevanssi
Use when you need to be able to include Tags, Custom Taxonomies (Categories) and other custom Post Terms and Fields in text based search results.
Details & Setup
Support & Requirements
We install, enable and conﬁgure based on information provided in the Worksheet From PDF.
Requirements for Setup:
Must complete and provide the Functionality Worksheet From with the speciﬁc instructions on what needs to be searchable (ie Categories, Tags, Fields, etc.).
Premium>End User Enhancement>Search and Filters>Enhanced Search Results
- For free version, install the latest version of the plugin Dashboard>Plugins>Add New.
- For Premium, download the latest version from Relevanssi.com and either upload the zip ﬁle using the WordPress plugin installation or unzip it and upload the ﬁles with FTP in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Not seeing the WooCommerce Extensions?
- Website Specialists - please follow these steps
- Builders - please open a TC for further assistance
Go to Settings > Relevanssi to adjust the settings and build the index.
Reference the links below for setup.
Supported Feature requests require a PDF Worksheet be generated using the Functionality Form, and the PDF Worksheet must be added to the project.