Search & Filter (Free Version)
Search & Filter is a simple search and filtering plugin for WordPress – it is an advancement of the WordPress search box.
You can search by Category, Tag, Custom Taxonomy, Post Type, Post Date or any combination of these easily to really refine your searches – remove the search box and use it as a filtering system for your posts and pages. Fields can be displayed as dropdowns, checkboxes, radio buttons or multi selects.
This is the free version of the plugin. Its limitations in comparison to the Pro version are:
- It doesn’t use ajax to display results (filtering by more than 2 taxonomies at a time may not display proper results)
- It doesn’t have a drag and drop interface, only a manual shortcode
- It doesn’t include jQuery range slider, date pickers and auto-complete comboboxes for selects and multiselects
When to Use Search & Filter (Free Version)
Use this plugin on Premium or Woo sites only, if a customer specifically requests a search or filter option beyond the default. It’s typically good for sites with posts with multiple taxonomies, multiple attributes or custom post types created with pods.
Details & Setup
Support & Requirements
We will install, activate, and configure settings based on the generated PDF worksheet.
We will create the search shortcode based on the terms needing to be searched in and then place it on the site in the appropriate themer layouts.
Requirements for Setup:
The Functionality Form must be completed, and the PDF added to the project.
We will need to know which taxonomies need to be filterable.
- Head to the “Plugins” menu, select “add new” and search for “Search & Filter”
- Ensure the plugin is by “Designs & Code” and press “Install Now”
Reference the link(s) below for how to setup Search & Filter (Free Version):