Create additional product personalization options
Allow your customers to customize your products by adding new options such as input boxes, dropdowns or checkboxes. With the Product Add-Ons extension, gift messages, donations, laser engraving and any other product that requires user input is now an option for your customers!
Product Add-Ons supports required fields, text areas, checkboxes, radios, select boxes, custom price inputs and file upload boxes.
Add-ons can be added globally or per-product from the edit product page – they can be named described, reordered and optionally given prices that are automatically added to the product price if chosen by the customer. This extension also works with the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin to add pricing to your options for the recurring subscription.
Once set up, they appear on products just above the Add to Cart form.
For example: The site owner is a print shop and they’re hoping to sell 4’x4’ posters. They want their customers to be able to:
- Upload an image to be printed
- Be able to add a customized message for the poster
- Select which font is used
- Location of text on the poster
- Choose the type of paper to print on [may be best as a Variable option, read Limitations]
- Accept Tips
- Include an option for protective cardboard tubes
What Can It Do?
- Add a custom message that can be used in a “thank you”, order instructions, inscription, etc.
- Allow a user to set their own price
- Upload a file with their purchase
- Add supplementary items onto the product, i.e.: gift wrapping, add a frame for an image, etc.
What Are Its Limitations?
- Add-ons are not inventory tracked by WooCommerce. Therefore, in the print shop example there would be no inventory/SKU information attached to the type of paper.
- Why does that matter? Ever go to a restaurant and order something off the menu only to have them come back 5 minutes later and say “Sorry, we’re actually out of that”?
- Add-on costs are ADDED/SUBTRACTED from the product’s base price. (not necessarily a limitation)
- Add-ons cannot be exported through a CSV file (normal WooCommerce product import solution).
- There is no conditional logic support. i.e.: “I want a hidden option for font style to appear after the user enters a custom message.”
- Add-ons will not change the Product Image/Gallery