Catalog Visibility Options
Transform WooCommerce into an online catalog by removing eCommerce functionality
Wait, what? Remove eCommerce functionality? It may sound strange but when you think about it, if you take out the cart, checkout process and ‘buy now’ buttons, WooCommerce is actually the perfect platform upon which to showcase a catalog of products which aren’t currently for sale online. The added beauty of this solution is that when you do want to start selling, you can do so with the flick of a switch.
But this extension does much more than that. Rather than just taking the entire store offline, you also have the option to restrict it to users who are logged in.
You can also configure messages to replace the price / add to cart button components or just remove them completely.
In a nutshell:
- Provides the ability to hide prices, or show prices only to authenticated users.
- Provides the ability to disable e-commerce functionality by disabling the cart.
- Allows configuration of alternate price content, when prices are disabled or shown only to logged in users.
- Allows configuration of alternate add-to-cart content, when e-commerce functionality is disabled or only available to authenticated users.
- Hide pricing to comply with Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) rules.
Other Features and Uses
- Hiding prices for guests, but showing them for logged in users. This can be useful for shop owners who want a wholesale catalog where the general public can see what they carry, but only approved wholesalers can see the pricing. This can be done on a global, category, or product level.
- Disabling purchases for guests, but allowing them for logged in users. This feature is also useful for sites that sell only to wholesalers. This can be done on a global, category, or product level.
- Replace the product price or “Add to Cart’ button with custom text. This is useful for customers who need a custom note or instruction instead of the ability to purchase the product, such as “Call for a Quote” or “Order by Phone”. This is a global setting.
- Shown alternative content when prices are hidden. This can be useful when you want to display a custom message or login form automatically when a product price is hidden. This is a global setting.
- Add a location filter to your site, so that different products are displayed based on the user’s country.
Details & Setup
Supported Feature requests require a PDF Worksheet be generated using the Functionality Form, and the PDF Worksheet must be added to the project.