Members – Membership & User Role Editor Plugin
Members is a plugin that extends your control over your blog. It’s a user, role, and capability editor plugin that was created to make WordPress a more powerful CMS.
It puts you in control over permissions on your site by providing a user interface (UI) for WordPress’ powerful role and cap system, which is traditionally only available to developers who know how to code this by hand.
- Role Editor: Allows you to edit, create, and delete roles as well as capabilities for these roles.
- Multiple User Roles: Give one, two, or even more roles to any user.
- Explicitly Deny Capabilities: Deny specific caps to specific user roles.
- Clone Roles: Build a new role by cloning an existing role.
- Content Permissions: Gives you control over which users (by role) have access to post content.
- Shortcodes: Shortcodes to control who has access to content.
- Widgets: A login form widget and users widget to show in your theme’s sidebars.
- Private Site: You can make your site and its feed completely private if you want.
- Plugin Integration: Members is highly recommended by other WordPress developers. Many existing plugins integrate their custom roles and caps directly into it.
This plugin is mostly for delegating access to different users and controlling what those users are allowed to contribute or actually see. Do NOT use Members if the customer expects front-end registration or membership sales. This plugin is not going to allow users to register as a member, nor will it accept payments of any kind.