TranslatePress – Translate Multilingual sites
Cozmoslabs, Razvan Mocanu, Madalin Ungureanu, Cristophor Hurduban
Experience a better way to translate your WordPress site and go multilingual, directly from the front-end using a friendly user interface.
TranslatePress is a WordPress translation plugin that anyone can use.
The interface allows you to easily translate the entire page at once, including output from shortcodes, forms and page builders. It also works out of the box with WooCommerce.
Built the WordPress way, TranslatePress – Multilingual is a GPL and self hosted translation plugin, meaning you’ll own all your translations, forever. It’s the fastest way to create a bilingual or multilingual site.
- Translate all your website content directly from the front-end, in a friendly user interface (translations are displayed in real-time).
- Fully compatible with all themes and plugins
- Live preview of your translated pages, as you edit them.
- Image translation support, for translating images, sliders and other media.
- Support for both manual and automatic translation
- Ability to translate dynamic strings (gettext) added by WordPress, plugins and themes.
- Integrates with Google Translate, allowing you to set up Automatic Translation using your own Google API key.
- Translate larger html blocks by merging strings into translation blocks.
- Place language switchers anywhere using shortcode
[language-switcher], WP menu item or as a floating dropdown.
- Editorial control allowing you to publish your language only when all your translations are done
- Conditional display content shortcode based on language [trp_language language=”en_US”] English content only [/trp_language]
- Possibility to edit gettext strings from themes and plugins from English to English, without adding another language. Basically a string-replace functionality.
- Translation Block feature in which you can translate multiple html elements together
- Native Gutenberg support, so you can easily translate Gutenberg blocks
- Out of the box WooCommerce compatibility
Note: this plugin uses the Google Translation API to translate the strings on your site. This feature can be enabled or disabled according to your preferences.
Users with administrator rights have access to the following settings:
- select default language of the website and one translation language, for bilingual sites
- choose whether language switcher should display languages in their native names or English name
- force custom links to open in current language
- enable or disable url subdirectory for the default language
- enable automatic translation via Google Translate
- CTRL ( ⌘ ) + S – Save translation for the currently editing strings
- CTRL ( ⌘ ) + ALT + Z – Discard all changes for the currently editing strings
- CTRL ( ⌘ ) + ALT + → (Right Arrow) – Navigate to next string
- CTRL ( ⌘ ) + ALT + ← (Left Arrow) – Navigate to previous string
There are times when you do not approve of the automatically translated version of your site. If you would like to adjust how the translations read, this plugin provides an easy interface for you to do so, line-by-line if needed.