Seriously Simple Podcasting
Seriously Simple Podcasting is a top-rated podcasting plugin for WordPress for beginners and power-users built by Castos. Using our straight-forward set up instructions, advanced features, and plenty of customization options, Seriously Simple Podcasting powers over 20K+ podcasts.
The plugin will always remain free to use. The only costs associated with using Seriously Simple Podcasting is if you choose to host your audio files with a dedicated podcast hosting provider. Similar to using a website hosting provider to keep your WordPress site fast and running smoothly, we recommend hosting podcast files with a dedicated provider. But remember, this isn’t required!
Every plugin feature is fully functional no matter who you choose as your podcast hosting provider. Seriously Simple Podcasting gives you more control over your content so you can start podcasting without limits.
However, Castos is specifically designed to sync with Seriously Simple Podcasting to save you time. This means anytime you update your podcast’s information or upload a new episode file, the changes automatically sync with your Castos hosting account. You only have to do the action once, saving hours each week. Read more about how Castos and Seriously Simple Podcasting work together.
With other podcast providers, you’ll need to make updates to your podcast’s RSS feed via your hosting provider account and again on WordPress to manually sync the information. Seriously Simple Podcasting is also unable to read a few metadata fields (like episode duration and publish date) from 3rd party hosting providers. For each episode, you’ll manually add that information as well.
HOW TO SET UP SERIOUSLY SIMPLE PODCASTING
Getting started with Seriously Simple Podcasting is a seriously simple process. In just four steps, you’ll go from installing the plugin to your WordPress site to submitting a functioning RSS feed to every podcast directory.
- Install Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin to your WordPress site and link it to your podcast hosting provider.
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to the “Podcast” plugin. Click “Add New” to upload an episode, and add its corresponding details.
- Inside the plugin’s “Settings” under “Feed Details”, include details about your podcast to finish creating the RSS feed. Details include the podcast’s name, description, cover art, and category selection.
- The RSS feed is generated and ready to be submitted to each podcast listening platform.
SERIOUSLY SIMPLE PODCASTING KEY FEATURES
Seriously Simple Podcasting offers all of our advanced features through our free plugin. You’re not required to pay for additional add-ons or use a specific podcast hosting provider.
MANAGE YOUR RSS FEED FROM WORDPRESS
Seriously Simple Podcasting generates an RSS feed that’s fully compliant with Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and every other listening platform.
- Set your podcast’s title, subtitle, description, category and sub-category selections, cover art, explicit rating, and copyright information from WordPress.
- Manage all updates to your podcast’s RSS feed from WordPress and changes automatically sync with your podcast hosting provider.
- Turbo-charge RSS feeds to increase the number of episodes displayed on podcasting apps and speed up the feed’s load time.
- Create password protected RSS feeds to restrict access to premium content.
- With Castos, use the one-click submission feature to easily submit your podcast to Spotify.
MANAGE MULTIPLE PODCASTS FROM THE SAME SITE
Create unique RSS feeds for multiple podcasts and feature them on the same website.
- Save unique settings per podcast for easy management.
- Create custom subscribe buttons for each podcast you create
- Optional “catch-all” feed for podcast networks that want to aggregate all of their shows into a single feed.
- With Castos, pay one price to host multiple podcasts under one account. Each plan features unlimited uploads and bandwidth so you’ll never hit a limit when managing more than one show.
CUSTOMIZE THE EMBEDDED MEDIA PLAYER
Choose between a standard compact player or feature-rich HTML5 media player that displays your cover art or episode-specific images. Change the settings to display your podcast exactly how you want it.
- Display customizable subscribe links to Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, Overcast, and Pocketcasts. Also include links to download the content or play it in a new window.
- Display episode meta data like episode durations and date published beneath the player.
- Customize the background and player progress bar colors to match your brand.
- Select the player’s position either above or below the post content.
- Media player is mobile-responsive so podcast posts look great across desktop browsers and mobile devices.
- NEW: Use the Castos Player block to feature the player anywhere on your website.
USE CUSTOM WIDGETS TO CREATE PLAYLISTS & DISPLAY THEM ANY WHERE
Curate custom playlists with embeddable widgets then display them anywhere on your website.
- Feature single episodes anywhere on your website with the Podcast Episode shortcode.
- Create playlists featuring all episodes from specific seasons of your podcast with the Podcast Series widget.
- Curate custom playlists with specific episodes with the Podcast Playlist widget.
PUBLISH PODCAST EPISODES ON ANY POST TYPE
You have full control over how podcast epsidoes appear on your website by picking which post type to apply the plugin settings.
- Choose which post type (from posts, the Podcast post type that SSP creates, or any other custom post type on your site) to enable podcast functions. This adds all podcast posts from the specific type to your feed.
SUPPORTS VIDEO PODCASTING
Feature embedded video players within any podcast post.
- Embed video players from YouTube, Vimeo, VideoPress, or the common video block.
- Display the embedded video player anywhere within your podcast post.
- With Castos, host your audio and video podcast files with our Growth and Pro plans.
Details & Setup
Supported Feature requests require a PDF Worksheet be generated using the Functionality Form, and the PDF Worksheet must be added to the project.
Functionality Path:Premium>End User Enhancement>Information Display>Podcasts
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.